For harsh and rough work environments, explosion proof LED lighting tubes are preferred over regular LED lights and tubes. Built with top class components to survive rough weather, heat, and other testing conditions, explosion proof LED lights are widely used in:
- Enclosed fueling stations
- Paint spray booths
- Mining locations
- Food processing facilities
- Chemical plants
- Oil and gas rigs
- Manufacturing units
Here are the reasons why explosion proof LED lighting (EPL) tubes make the best choice for extreme environments:
Safety focused design
The most feature of high quality explosion proof lighting is safety. The EPL easily isolates or contains spark inside the light which makes it safer around flammable substances. SeniorLED and other top LED manufacturing companies of China are working on more safety features of explosion proof LED tubes.
The explosion proof LED lighting provides greater endurance with increased lifespan as compared to traditional lightings. The average lifespan of explosion proof LED lightings is over 50, 000 hours. Whereas, the incandescent bulbs have 1,200 hours and compact fluorescent lighting have 8,000 hours of lifespan respectively.
In explosion proof LED lighting tubes, there are no glass parts and filaments which means zero damage due to breakage of socket. That’s why EPL can take more beating in comparison to regular lights.
Certified to perform
Buying explosion proof LED lights means taking out the guesswork from your outdoor lighting requirements. For reliability and quality, make sure that your outdoor LED tubes are certified by international safety and standard bodies such as UL, cUL, CE, CB, SAA and DLC. Buying from China’s top LED lighting wholesale company will guarantee this.
Explosion proof lightings are approved by Class, Division and Group or Zone. These division and zones are further explained by the National Electric Code. According to article 500 of NEC, here’s the definition of each zone of explosion proof LED lighting:
- “Class I, Div. 1 – Where ignitable concentrations of flammable gases, vapors or liquids are present continuously in the atmosphere under regular conditions.
- Class I, Div. 2 – Where ignitable concentrations of flammable gases, vapors, or liquids are present under conditions that are beyond normal.
- Class II, Div. 1 – Where ignitable concentrations of combustible dusts are present within the atmosphere under normal conditions.
- Class II, Div. 2 – Where ignitable concentrations of combustible dust are present within the atmosphere under conditions that are beyond normal.
- Class III, Div. 1 – Where easily ignitable fibers or materials producing combustible flyings are present within the atmosphere.
- Class III, Div. 2 – Where easily ignitable fibers or materials producing combustible flyings are present within the atmosphere.
Since explosion proof LED lights operate in extreme conditions, they are built to last longer. While regular LED lights will not last in extreme weather or work conditions, the explosion proof lighting solutions from LED manufacturers will keep on brightening lives and work environs.
Explosion proof LED lightings offer great advantages but the benefits are generated only if you buy from the top quality LED manufacturer. Here’s a Quora answer that brings the best LED lighting name of China.